To Thursday, October 11, 2018 - 05:00pm
St. Paul’s Missionary journey in Greece & 3-day cruise
Travel in the steps of St. Paul through Thessalonica, Philippi, Berea, Athens and Corinth. Along the way, visit Kavala and the monasteries of Meteora. Relax on a 3-day cruise to the Greek Islands of Mykonos, Patmos, Crete and Santorini. Visit the ancient city of Ephesus.
DAY 1 – October 5, Friday
Daparture on an overnight flight to Thessalomiki - Greece
DAY 2 – October 6, Saturday – ARRIVE IN THESSALONIKI
Arrive in Thessalonica, the second largest city of Greece. Meet with our representative and transfer to the hotel. Enjoy the day at your own leisure. Take a walk by the seaside promenade and explore the beautiful city center! Dinner provided at the hotel.
DAY 3 – October 7, Sunday - AMPHIPOLIS – PHILIPPI – KAVALA (NEAPOLIS)
Depart to Philippi, passing by the Lion of Amphipolis (short stop for photos). We visit Philippi, the site where St. Paul established a strong church. To this congregation he sent his letter (Acts 16:9-33). We see the river where Lydia is said to have been baptized, the ruins of a prison where St. Paul and Sylas had been kept, the Agora, 5th and 6th century Basilica and the Theater. After the visit, we continue to Kavala, the ancient port of Neapolis (Acts 16:11) where we enjoy a panoramic tour before returning to Thessalonica for overnight.
DAY 4 – October 8, Monday - THESSALONICA - BEREA – KALAMBAKA
This morning we shall drive to the upper part of the old city walls that offer excellent views of the city. After our sightseeing drive we make our way to Berea (Acts 17:10-15) where St. Paul arrived and according to his custom went to the synagogue where he discovered that these Jews were “more noble” than those he had encountered in Thessalonica (Acts 17:10-11). In the late evening, we arrive at the beautiful town of Kalambaka.
DAY 5 – October 9, Tuesday - METEORA MONASTERIES – DELPHI
Enjoy a spectacular drive up to visit to Meteora Monasteries, which are built on the top of colossal symmetrical gray and reddish boulders. They are perched precariously high above the ground and were first built in the 14th century by monks seeking isolation and salvation. View the superb icons, old manuscripts and unique mosaics and frescoes. In the afternoon we start our drive to Delphi for check-in and dinner at the hotel.
DAY 6 – October 10, Wednesday – DELPHI - ATHENS
Visit the breath-taking archaeological site in Delphi where the priestess Pythia pronounced her famous prophecies in the Temple of Apollo. Visit the Sanctuary of Apollo and the Treasury of the Athenians, as well as the Archaeological Museum containing such masterpieces of ancient Greek sculpture as the bronze Charioteer and the famous athlete Aghias. After the visit, we start our drive to Athens “Men of Athens, I perceive that in every way you are religious. For as I passed along and observed the objects of your worship, I found also an altar with this inscription “to an unknown God”. What therefore you worship as unknown, this I proclaim to you…” Athens is one of the most glorious cities in the world and the cradle of western civilization, as we know it today. Dinner and overnight at our hotel.
DAY 7 – October 11, Thursday - ANCIENT CORINTH – PARTHENON – MARS’ HILL
In the morning we will journey to Corinth via the famous Corinthian Canal, followed by a tour of Ancient Corinth; it was here where St. Paul came, worked and established a thriving church(Acts 18:1-18). We will see the Agora, the Temple of Apollo, the Roman Odeon, the Bema, and Gallio's Seat. We will visit the Archaeological museum before continuing to the Ancient Port of Cenchrea to see the ruins of a 5th century Christian basilica. Continue back to Athens to visit the famous Parthenon, the Erechteum and visit to Mars' Hill (or Areopagus) (Acts 17:22), where St. Paul delivered his well-known sermon. The tour concludes with the highlights of modern Athens: the tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Parliament House, Presidential Palace, Panathenian Stadium, Temple of Olympian Zeus and the National Library. Dinner and Overnight at the hotel.
DAY 8 – October 12, Friday - CRUISE TO MYKONOS
After breakfast at the hotel, transfer to Piraeus port for embarkation on the Greek Islands cruise. Sail at 11a.m. and enjoy lunch on board. Our first port of call is Mykonos, where we have free time for walking and exploring the town. Stroll on your own through the whitewashed, flower-decked alleyways, climbing to the sculpture church of Paraportiani or along the waterfront of “Little Venice” to the famous windmills. Enjoy dinner on board and at 11p.m. we sail for Kusadasi, Turkey.
DAY 9 – October 13, Saturday - KUSADASI (EPHESUS – MARY’S HOUSE) - PATMOS (GREECE)
Arrive at Kusadasi port in Turkey. Transfer to the small village of Mt. Koressos, where we visit the small stone chapel that is situated upon the site of where the Virgin Mary spent her last days following Christ's crucifixion. Continue to Ancient Ephesus (Acts 18:19-21) and begin your walking tour, which will take you through the most magnificent excavations in the world. Some of the sites include the Odeon (concert hall), the Fountain of Trajan, the steam-heated Baths of Scolastika, the Temple of Hadrian and the Latrians, andthe Library of Celsus. St. Paul preached to the Ephesians, lived and worked here for a number of years. We tour the spectacular ruins in the city which was founded in the 10th century B.C. After the visit we return to the port for re-embarkation at lunch time and sail to Patmos. Arrive Patmos (Rev 1:9) in the afternoon and enjoy a tour to the Monastery of St. John where he was exiled and wrote the Book of Revelation. We also visit the Grotto of the Revelation (Cave of Apocalypse) before embarking on the cruise ship. Sail to Heraklion, Crete and enjoy dinner on board.
DAY 10 – October 14, Sunday – HERAKLION, CRETE - SANTORINI
At 7 a.m. we arrive at Heraklion, Crete (Acts 27:7-13). You can join the optional excursion to the Minoan Palace of Knossos, home of King Minos and the legendary Minotaur (half-bull and half-man). After a few hours, we sail for Santorini, the island with the most magnificent landscape! Ride the cable car up to the white-washed town of Thera, perched high on the rim of the ancient volcano. Set sail back to the port of Piraeus around 9:00p.m.
DAY 11 – October 15, Monday – DISEMBARKATION - ATHENS DEPARTURE
Today marks the end of your cruise. Following disembarkation, you will say your heartfelt farewells to a journey that will last in your memory forever. As you reflect on these past few days, full of history and spiritual inspiration, you will be transferred to the Athens International Airport for your flight home.
NET Package rates based on 4*/5* hotels & standard outside cabin category (XB)
15-19 pax $2,700.00 per person in DBL + 1,250.00 (Round trip airfare).
(100.00 PER PERSON WILL BE DONATED TO CRSB + YOU WILL GO ENTIRELY FREE)
Single supplement: $620.00
Features included in above package rates:
- Transfers and transportation by deluxe, fully air-conditioned motor-coach.
- Round trip Airfare (Economy Class UP TO 1,250.00)
- 6 Nights accommodation at 4*/5* hotels in Greece on Half Board basis (breakfast & dinner):
• 2 overnights in Thessaloniki (5* Grand Hotel Palace or Similar)
• 1 overnight in Kalambaka (4* Divani Meteora or Similar)
• 1 overnight in Delphi (4* Kastalia or Similar)
• 2 overnights in Athens (4* Titania or Similar)
- Comprehensive sightseeing tours as outlined in the itinerary, with the services of local professional English-speaking guide.
- All entrance fees to the archaeological, historical sites and museums.
- 3/Day Cruise to the Greek Islands & Turkey, based on a standard outside (XB) cabin category, with private facilities (shower/bathtub, washbasin, toilet), on full board basis aboard ship beginning with lunch on embarkation day and including breakfast on the day of disembarkation; with entertainment, free use of shipboard facilities and services of cruise staff.
- Shore excursion to Ancient Ephesus & the House of Virgin Mary in Kusadasi.
- Shore excursion to St. Johns’ Monastery & Grotto of the Apocalypse in Patmos.
- English-speaking escort during the transfers and the 3-Day Cruise.
- 6 lunches.
- Port & local taxes.
- Tips to cruise staff
- Hotel city tax paid directly to the hotels (€3 per room, per night in 4* & €4 per room, per night in 5*)
- Drinks and beverages.
- Optional shore excursions during the cruise starting from the ports of Mykonos, Heraklion and Santorini.
- Santorini one-way cable-car ticket: 5 Euro per person/per way (paid directly in cash at the cable-car ticket booth).
- Tips and gratuities to local drivers, guides, escorts, hotel & restaurant staffs.
- Valid Passport for at least 6 months & visa fees (it is the responsibility of the passenger to have all necessary documentation in their possession before travelling). Consult the appropriate consulate(s) for information on their passport requirements.
- All personal expenses such as phone-calls, laundry/valet service, beverages, wines, liquors, tea, coffee, mineral water, food other than the table d’hôte menu.
- Baggage insurance & excess baggage.
- Portage at airport & hotels.
- Travel & Medical Health insurance.
- Any other items not specifically mentioned as being included.
Pacceli Braga - President & CEO
1 Harborside Dr